It is the desire of every woman to have that flawless looking, acne-free skin. There are several blogs and sites that do offer different types of natural skin care regimen and tips to follow. But first you need to identify your skin type and accordingly select the tips that will work for you. It will also be useful to consult a knowledgeable dermatologist to ensure you are taking the correct steps to avoid unnecessary side effects.
Natural skin care tips to follow
- Remove makeup before going to bed: A must do before going to bed. Like any other areas of the body, the skin is required to breathe. When asleep, makeup prevents your skin from getting that necessary air. Which then tends to clog up the pores, thereby making the skin work harder to breathe. Take a fresh cotton pad and dab on some olive oil and massage the skin gently to remove makeup and dirt. Exfoliating the skin at least once a week is another good idea to eliminate dead skin cells.
- Sleep well: You do require 9 hours of sleep daily. Inadequate sleep will make the skin feel and appear tired. It can become saggy, causing bags around the eyes. Applying honey to the face every week can help soothe and heal skin. Also, moisturize your face before going to sleep.
- Use sunscreen: This is an absolute must when going out. The strong rays of the sun combined with UVA and UVB needs to be avoided. Apply sunscreen always. If exposed, the skin can develop wrinkles. Moreover, prolonged exposure will only cause skin issues and age spots. The sunscreen used should not block the skin pores. Apply sunscreen lotions even when it is cloudy or cold outside.
- Eat well: Good food consisting of fresh, green vegetables and fruits, rich in protein and vitamins should be part of your everyday meals. Diets filled with vitamin C can help the skin to glow. Low sugar diet will be a wonderful idea as it controls insulin levels and helps the body to manage a healthy balance. Avoid citrus fruits, fried, spicy and salty food. Rather choose blander foods such as oatmeal and applesauce.
- Regular exercise: It can help improve blood circulation, boost the body’s cleaning process and tighten the skin.
The above natural skin care tips does not cost much and can help the skin to glow and appear younger.